First Time Borrowers
Before you can borrow ToolBank tools, you must first become a ToolBank member agency by completing our brief online membership application and pay your membership dues. Various types of organizations are eligible for a ToolBank membership, such as:
- Nonprofit/Charitable/Tax exempt organizations
- Schools and PTAs/PTOs
- Neighborhood associations
- Faith-based groups
- Civic organizations
- Government agencies
A 501(c)3 tax exempt determination letter is not a requirement for ToolBank membership.
Before you begin your application, please note the following:
- Please be prepared to upload documentation of your not-for-profit status while applying. This serves as proof of your eligibility to borrow ToolBank tools. Please refer to the Membership Eligibility FAQ to view acceptable forms of documentation.
- Our online application is optimized for Internet Explorer 10 in Compatibility Mode. Please click here for instructions on Compatibility Mode.
- Please remember to write down your password! The application process creates a user account for you in our online tool ordering system, which is how you will order tools and manage your account.
If your agency is eligible to become a ToolBank member and you have documentation of your not-for-profit status handy, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to begin your membership application. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact our us at (404) 254-0938 or email Atlanta@toolbank.org.
After you have completed your application, an Atlanta Community ToolBank staff member will contact you within the next two two business days to go over your application and advise you of any additional information needed. At this time they will ask you to pay the annual dues using the “Member Agency Portal” on the “Borrow Tools” tab in the menu bar of this website or by phone. (To speed up the process, you can pay this now if you would like using the chart below) Once all the required documentation is received we will review the application for approval. Once the application is approved, your agency is immediately eligible to borrow tools. Members can submit a tool order at this by accessing the “Member Agency Portal” as well. It is fast and easy and the Atlanta Community ToolBank staff are available if you need any assistance. Once you place your tool order, we will contact you to confirm the order and pick-up appointment. FYI. Orders should be placed two business days prior to your requested pickup time.
Membership dues are based on the applying agency’s annual budget in conjunction with the chart below and paid annually. These fees can be paid on the “Member Agency Portal” under the “Borrow Tools” tab of this website.